If you are contemplating divorce, it is advisable to seek the services of a Family Lawyer in Adelaide to represent you and your children in the legal proceedings that follow. There are many variables to consider in this time of intense emotions. It is essential to have someone to guide you and your children through the often emotional and challenging journey that comes with a divorce. Family lawyers in Adelaide can help you navigate this uncharted territory. Let’s look at some of the critical areas that need to be addressed when considering a divorce.
* When considering family lawyers in Adelaide, it is essential to get references from family or friends. You may want to get hold of one of the many online review websites to read testimonials and experiences of past clients before deciding which law firm to use. It is advisable to seek advice from family lawyers in Adelaide about their suitability. As well as the cost of fees and other expenses, it is worth finding the best lawyers in the city who will not only get you the best representation but one who fits your needs and demands.
* It is also worthwhile considering whether or not your situation requires a temporary or permanent arrangement. If your relationship is temporary, such as a marriage that is coming to an end, several options are available, including pre-filing and post-filing. This means that you can request the court to allow you to continue living together while getting yourself sorted out. Many family lawyers in Adelaide will advise their clients to do this rather than making a contested divorce which could drag on for years. Once the relationship is over, then it is a matter of finalizing a divorce. It is better to settle things now and get on with your life rather than putting off the issues indefinitely.
* It is essential to find a family lawyer Adelaide who has the time and resources to complete all the relevant documentation. Some people have old driving license files, birth certificates and marriage documents which could take a long time to process. The best lawyers in Adelaide will be able to accommodate any client requests and ensure all the documentation is filed and served so that it is possible to complete the legal process as quickly as possible.
* Family lawyers in Adelaide can also give sound legal advice and represent either party in a legal proceeding. There are some instances where a person is not eligible to make a divorce application because of a current relationship with another person. Adelaide’s family lawyers can work through all the legal aspects of a de facto relationship to ensure that the application does not fail due to a lack of eligibility. In these circumstances, the family lawyer Adelaide will be able to make sure the application can proceed.
* Family lawyers in Adelaide are experienced in dealing with financial agreements and property settlements. This may involve the negotiation of a lump-sum payment or a monthly alimony payment. It may also involve the negotiation of child custody, visitation rights or any other financial agreements related to a de facto relationship. When arranging for legal advice, it is advisable to ensure that the family lawyer Adelaide in question is familiar with the taxation rules applicable in your area. This will ensure that the final financial agreements are appropriately filed and are not contested in the future.